- Is the main printed circuit in electronic device.
- Is the controller hub, they control high capabilities like AGP, MEMORY, PROCESSOR.
- Control slower capabilities of your system (INPUT, OUTPUT, PCI, IDE, HARD DISK, SATA and BIOS)
FSB (FRONT SIDE BUS)
- Is the pathway between north bridge and southbridge.
AGP (ACCELERATED GRAPHIC PORT)
Design for 3D. Where video card installed.
PCI (PERIPHERAL COMPONENT INTERCONNECT)
- Where your LANCARD, SOUND CARD, INTERNAL MODEM and TV TUNER installed.
BIOS (BASIC INPUT OUTPUT SYSTEM)
- Where initialize your hardware O.S. System Date and CPU Clock.
C'MOS BATTERY (COMPLIMENTARY METALOXIDE SEMICONDUCTOR)
- Supply power to your BIOS.
- Stores power and filter electricity.
20 PINS ATX POWER CONNECTOR
- To connect your power supply.
- Where you install your memory card. Exp. SDRAM, DDR1, DDR2.
- To absorb heat.
I.D.E. CONNECTOR (INTERGRATED DRIVE ELECTRONICS)
- Where to connect your I.D.E. cable.
- Execute programs and process data.
- Primary storage device. Where your data are permanently saved.
- Display graphics to your monitor.
- For network.
- Supply power to your computer system.
- To connect your drives to your motherboard.
- Store data.
- For software installation.